Monday, August 23, 2010

Today I decided to buy a fly swatter.

My thought process was this:
I would love to go around my house all day, swatting flies here and there, but then I had to consider that after I swatted them, they would just be dead fly sitting there. I had to go around picking them up after.

Then I started to think.

I thought it funny to consider flies even alive in the first place. Buzzing around all day with no purpose. What can you accomplish in the lifespan of 24 hours? that isn't much of a life. There really wasn't a terrible difference between a dead fly and a fly alive, other than the flying. What a pointless life it is.

And then I looked around my house and took a look at my life. I took a look at everyone else. Their life's, their friends, their jobs, their accomplishments. That's when realized I was just a fly.

No comments:

Post a Comment